Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday 10/1 Training

A little update on whats going on the past day. On Tuesday as I was leaving the box my fiance called and said she was broken down at the HEB, so I get in the car and drive over to her. Turns out the alternator wasn't working and the battery was dead and the car had no power. At first I thought I would change the alternator in the parking lot of HEB, but saner heads prevailed and I called my dad to come tow it to the mechanic.  The mechanic that I use is about 10 miles away and we were towing with a chain while I steered the car. Long story short we got on the freeway and the chain fell off right as we were going up the on ramp to 610 and I10 (which is the worst spot to stop). At this point I'm at little worried I'm gonna get hit by a car, because there is no shoulder, no lights, and people are speeding around the bend. So, I get out of the car and turn on the light on my phone and try to flash people away as I wait for my dad to turn around. At one point a police officer drove by and flashed his lights and kept going. I guess that was his way of asking if I was ok? Finally my dad gets back to me and we make it to the mechanic in one piece. On our way home as we get off the freeway we happen upon a chevy silverado in flames. We stopped to make sure the driver was ok and asked if we could help. Turns out that he ran over something and it caught fire somehow. He ended up ok. The truck not so much. If that wasn't enough, about 2min from our apartment a pack of bikers come flying past us and scared us half to death. At this point my fiance and I look at each other and say "this isn't our night". We made it home safe and sound around 11:30. I didn't get to bed til midnight and woke up at 4:30 to coach the 5am and 6am classes and then went to work. So, I was running on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep all day. I did get a 30min nap in my car at lunch. Sorry if that was a little long I tried to keep to the main points. Needless to say can't wait for Friday. lol


A. Dead lift @ 30X1, build to 3rm at tempo
Hit 405# with good form. Bumped up to 425# and form went out the door.
+
10 rounds for time
4 burpees
6 kb swings 70#
8 wall ball 20#-10'
Time: 11:26
Back got a little tight with the KBS, but nothing that would slow me down. Fatigue set in about round 4-5 and I just push through and tried to not break any reps up. Shoulders got fatigued on the wall balls, but again the reps weren't that high and I was able to push through unbroken. Breathing was a limiter. Hard to catch my breath.

1 comment: